Welcome to Cerocycling: Cero’s unique reuse & recycling program where we keep otherwise disposed of materials in circulation and help Tucsonans with difficult-to-recycle items. The items collected by Cero are redistributed at no cost back to community members and local organizations.
Cerocycling is built around these three concepts:
Keeping items in use and in circulation before they need to be disposed of.
Mixing in mutual aid and providing no-cost items to the community.
Making it easy and convenient to recycle specialty items.
- *Cardboard Boxes
- **Clean Glass Jars with Lids
- Electronic Waste
- Writing Instruments
- Prescription Pill Bottles
- Takeout Utensils
- New Hygiene Items
- Razor Blades & Cartridges
*No boxes under 6in, or oversized boxes
*No appliance or furniture boxes
*Boxes can be broken down or neatly stacked
**Keep all glass separate and clearly visible to prevent breakage
Learn more about the TerraCycle programs we're signed up for.
- Drop off at Cero only during open hours
- Items must be clean, organized and separated by type
- All glass should be clearly visible to prevent breakage
- Place items into their designated baskets out front of our shop
- For larger drop offs, bring items inside and place by our mural
What’s Not Accepted:
- Molded cardboard
- Styrofoam of any kind
- Beauty Product Packaging
- Used hygiene/beauty products
For Everything Else, We Recommend:
- The Free Store
- Listing free to Facebook Marketplace, Craiglist, OfferUp
- Posting to your local Buy Nothing Groups on Facebook
Where Does Cero Give?
- The Primavera Foundation
- The Beacon Group
- The Lot on 22nd
- Tucson Food Share
- After School Anarchy
- Community Care Tucson
- Spreading Threads
- and more!
Interested in being a Cerocycling Volunteer? Email email@example.com to get involved.