Welcome to Cerocycling: Cero’s unique reuse & recycling program where we keep otherwise disposed of materials in circulation and help Tucsonans with difficult-to-recycle items. The items collected by Cero are redistributed at no cost back to community members and local organizations.
Cerocycling is built around these three concepts:
Keeping items in use and in circulation before they need to be disposed of.
Mixing in mutual aid and providing no-cost items to the community.
Making it easy and convenient to recycle specialty items.
- Drop off at Cero only during open hours
- Items must be clean, organized and separated by type
- All glass should be clearly visible to prevent breakage
- Place items into their designated baskets inside the shop.
- For larger drop offs, bring items inside and place by our mural
What’s Not Accepted:
- Molded cardboard
- Large electronics
- Wine & Beer Bottles
- Plastic Bottles
- Lotion Bottles
- Small boxes
- Irregular shapes boxes
- i.e. TV/thin boxes, or boxes with plastic handles built in
- Beauty packaging
- Cardboard scraps
- Misc. Household Items
- Plastic Bags
- Dropper Bottles
- Craft Supplies
- *Broken Down Cardboard Boxes.
- **Clean, Empty Glass Jars with Lids
- Clothing in Wearable Condition
- Fabric Pieces and Scraps
- Small Electronics for Recycling
- Writing Instruments
- Empty Prescription Pill Bottles
- Instrument Strings
- Unused Takeout Utensils
- Reusable Takeout Food Containers
- Paper Bags and Paper Grocery Bags
- ACURE Brand Product Packaging
- New Hygiene Items
- Razor Blades & Cartridges
*No boxes under 6in, or oversized boxes.
*No appliance or furniture boxes
**Keep all glass separate and clearly visible to prevent breakage
Learn more about the TerraCycle programs we're signed up for.
For Everything Else, We Recommend:
- The Free Store
- Listing free to Facebook Marketplace, Craiglist, OfferUp
- Posting to your local "Buy Nothing" Groups on Facebook
Where Does Cero Give?
- The Tucson Community at Large
- The Primavera Foundation
- The Beacon Group
- The Lot on 22nd
- Tucson Food Share
- After School Anarchy
- Community Care Tucson
- Spreading Threads
- and more!
Interested in being a Cerocycling Volunteer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.